It has probably been a while since you have heard how my life is going now that I’m living in Texas. I am writing this letter with this in mind: that in the past three years while at Word of Life, I asked for your support, either financially or through prayer. I just want to write this letter to you and let you know how I am doing in greater detail. Being in Texas has been an incredible journey and one that has been by faith. The more I rely on God and walk forward through the valleys and mountains of life, the more I learn of what it means to live by faith. I know not exactly what lies ahead, but I know this, that what lies ahead, I can make it only by the power of God, trusting in Him by faith. Jesus Christ is the Great Shepherd. He has led me and guided my steps and I trust Him, and by His grace we’ll continue until the end.
“And I am sure of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you, will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.” –The Apostle Paul, Philippians 1:6
I arrived in Texas September 1st 2010. I showed up not knowing where we were going to stay necessarily, but I got to meet up with my friend, who works at a camp in Dallas. We then stayed there for about 19 days and after 15 days of staying there. I finally found a job at Kohl’s Department Stores, Inc., but they only gave me about 16 hours a week. So when we moved into our apartment in Fort Worth, which is where I am staying now, we moved next to a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, where I also now have a job. So for a while I was averaging around 56 hours a week. But now that the holiday season is over I am getting around 30 hours. This has been difficult to maintain my car, paying bills, etc. but God has proved Himself again and again. I have never been without food, gas, water, clothes, work, and friends. God has been so good and so faithful!
I have written a lot about my time in Texas in specific detail. I don’t want to write it all because it seriously has been so much stuff. But if you have access to internet you can see all that I have written on either Facebook or travismcneely.wordpress.com
Facebook: William Travis McNeely -(look under my notes)
Now here is my email if you have any questions about things I have written on facebook/wordpress.. email@example.com
Now concerning the things of life that I have not yet written about, I have had many adventures. I am prayerfully considering a couple mission trips this coming December (a trip to Nepal), and one either the summer of 2011/2012 (New Tribes Mission Interface Tribal Mission Experience). I am considering being a tribal missionary. I just want to ask you to lift me up in prayer over these things, to join me in prayer for the will of God in my life. I want to be in ministry full-time – to devote my life fully to the cause of Christ. I find that God has gripped my heart and soul in such a way that I can’t do anything else. His grace drives me, His love compels me, and His glory is my aim. I want to enjoy Him here on earth as well as extend His glory to the lost world. Like the Apostle Paul I have been prayerfully considering taking the good news of Jesus Christ crucified to people who have never had the opportunity to even hear His name. Romans 15:20,21 says “and thus, I make it my ambition to preach the gospel, not where Christ has already been named, lest I build on someone else’s foundation, but as it is written, ‘Those who have never been told of Him will see, and those who have never heard will understand.’” I want to take the gospel to a people group that has never heard, I don’t know if I am capable to do that. I know I can through the power of God but I want to test my abilities, my spiritual gifts, to see if it is possible for me to serve in an environment outside of the cultural context with which I currently live in. If you’ve read someone of my blogs or Facebook notes then you’ve heard of how I have had the opportunity to minister to a Nepali family. They are all Hindu and they have many needs. God graciously answered my prayers and allowed me to meet a Christian from Nepal who regularly goes with me to their roach infested house to share the gospel. It has been a stretch but I know that my labor is not in vain. That I must continue helping this family, because by helping them I am displaying to them what I believe about God. I am portraying through my actions that Our God is the God who helps. I never want to stop helping them, as long as I can, and “by God’s grace I can do it, I will not quit.”-Wendell Calder.
It is January 30th, 2011. I am pretty sure that this summer I will be working for the Word of Life Florida Youth Camp this coming summer. I have two classes at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, I am only a part-time student because I was not able to get any scholarships, so I am working and trying to pay this all out of my pocket. It is a daunting task, but a possible one. At times when it may look impossible, I have nothing to fear, I serve a God who specializes in the impossible.
To update you on my current ministry opportunities let me list them and remind you of this, God is at work, in many ways that I can’t even see. I like the illustration of one’s life being that of a seed. I may plant seeds or water them, but IT IS GOD WHO BRINGS FORTH THE INCREASE. (He makes people grow!) We all are messengers and I share these testimonies with you, not to try and be a glory-thief, but to give all the glory to God and so that you will be inspired by what He is doing in lives here and encourage you to step out on faith and GO for God!
- The Hindu family update: Benu Chapagai, co-worker at Walmart
Benu and His household are really coming to enjoy our bible studies and the fellowship, as a matter of fact, this morning we dropped him off at a church near his work and during Sunday school people were being disruptive and he was so frustrated at the lack of discipline in listening to the word of God. I find it sad that Christians would be a distraction to the gospel they should be preaching, but how many times have I done it. Lord have mercy on us forever getting in the way! But what I realized was that in comparison to that Sunday school class and to our bible studies, he really enjoys our bible studies that he is listening and looking intently into the things of God. I don’t know about you, but that gets me excited! God is at work, praise Him! And last night at our bible study, Bharat (the Nepali bible teacher) asked them if they wanted to receive Christ. And the wife said yes! But then Bharat said, “IF you want to receive Jesus Christ, you must renounce the Hindu gods you once worshiped. For no man can worship two gods.” she said that she will think about it, for if she renounces the gods of Hinduism it may cause division with her relatives. So pray for that family, the Chapagai family. It reminds me of the testimony of those in Thessalonica, before continuing in my letter go read Paul’s letter to those in Thessalonica. Chapter 1. it is incredible!
I’m most definitely amazed at Gods mighty hand moving in the lives of that precious Nepali family, I have grown so close to them and we have a strong relationship, we can only pray and water seeds of the gospel until God draws them unto Himself! So pray with me! And I will keep you posted!
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.” -Jesus, the Gospel of John, chapter 6:44
- Chris, a co-worker from Kohl’s
◦ I met him working the truck crew at Kohl’s, he was just a holiday hire, but we had many good conversations and if you get to know me, I’m gonna talk about Jesus, He is awesome! Who wouldn’t, right?! Anyways, one day I was folding some shirts and he came out of nowhere, literally he kinda scared me! Hahaha. He asked me, “Hey! Can I go to church with you tonight!?” I was still shocked, and mumbled, “Uh,…yeah…sure?!” He was very excited. So he got to my apartment, and we rode together to Youth group that night (he smelt very badly of cigarette smoke, so that was interesting…), and we had a good time. Apparently, he became a Christian, but he walked away from God and got caught up in drugs for a few years and almost had everything taken away from him and was about to go to court, to get a 125 year prison sentence. But God intervened that day in court and he only got 6 months probation! And this morning he was with me in church and he came forward for counseling in the end, and with one of the most serious looks on his face, and I also noticed he didn’t smell like cigarette smoke at all! He said to me, “God gave me the power to quit smoking! And I want to share the gospel with people! Can you pray with me, that God would show me how?” I was so stoked to see this happen. All I did was invite him to church and talk with him a couple times and now he wants to be sold out to Christ!
“On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out,‘If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. Whoever believes in Me, as the
Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.”
Jesus Christ, John 7:37-39
- Gary, co-worker at Walmart
◦ This young man was abused a lot growing up, you can see it in how he acts, very abandoned and not listened to, but my first day being around him it was at the end of our shift and I got talking to him, (more like listening and just saying “yeah”.. “mmhmm?” and more phrases like that) but after barely saying anything, except mentioning God’s love for him, at the end of the conversation he turned to me very teary-eyed and said this, “Thanks for listening to me man, I’ve needed a good friend like you, thanks for being like a best friend to me.” I was taken aback. And the Lord was teaching me that the person who wants to preach the gospel doesn’t always need to be talking to display the Gospel, you always need to talk to share the Gospel(Romans 10:17). But to not think of my opinion or self just for one moment, and just listen to him, I was blessed to share with him, Christ. That Jesus Christ is the only God, that really listens. I displayed that by listening, now the guy, every time he sees me, just talks and talks and talks. I won’t lie, it stretches my patience, because he kinda rambles a lot. Hahaha. But I pray for patience and God gives me opportunities to be patient. God is so faithful to answer prayer! Ahahaha! This guy is also a Christian if I didn’t clarify it before. It’s cool to challenge this guy to walk with Christ and be challenged by him. He encourages me in ways he may never know.
- Save the Storks, a revolutionizing pro-life ministry
My friends and I moved down here to start this ministry, www.savethestorks.com and First Baptist of Dallas pregnancy center is the ministry we are working alongside of. I ask you to consider supporting this ministry. Go to our website and watch the videos to see God saving storks(mothers) considering to get an abortion, to kill the life they are carrying. We want to be God’s instruments of reconciliation. We want to share with them LIFE. Our goal is clearly written on our front page. And it’s rooted in the gospel. So look into it. Tell me what you think. You can write me back at this address until March 31, 2011. or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apt. #134, 6873 Chickering Rd., Fort Worth, Tx, 76116
In closing, I am working in 3 ministries, I am going to school, I am now working only one job, I had to quit my job at Kohl’s because they wouldn’t line up with my school schedule. I am reading 13 books for two classes! I am working in my youth group here and seeing many students make decisions for Christ and grow in the knowledge and grace of God. Pray for me as I am praying for you. I trust that you are growing in Christ and abiding in Him daily. If you’re not I plead with you that you do so! Like the old hymn says, “Tis so sweet to Trust in Jesus” When you are trusting in Him, you are abiding in Him, rooted and grounded in love and your Creator!
I love you! And I thank you for your constant support through you prayers. It has meant the world to me, knowing that you are supporting me. I thank God for you and the moments when I get to see you. I pray that your life will be one satisfied in God! John Piper says in his book, Don’t Waste Your Life, “God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him!” Let the goal of our lives be that we daily wake up and walk intimately with God and that we arouse holy affections for Him. If you still have breath in your lungs, God isn’t finished with you yet and wants to use you. Today. So I urge you in the Lord, Dig in His word, Seek out the lost and live out your faith without shame!! We have nothing to be ashamed of, for we are children of the living God! Amen!
“For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their (Israel’s) disobedience, so they too have now been disobedient in order that the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy. For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all. Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable His ways! ‘For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been His counselor? Or who has given a gift to Him, that he might be repaid?’ For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever! Amen!” -The Apostle Paul to the Church in Rome
Until the nets are full,
William Travis McNeely
- God’s guidance in my decisions
◦ Word of Life Summer camp; New Tribes mission interface tribal xperience; Nepal Mission trip; School and job choices
◦ To DAILY walk in the Spirit and deny self, take up my cross, and follow Jesus
◦ To trust Christ all the time, For I often allow my perspective to be hindered by my circumstances.
◦ To be a man of integrity, temperance, purity, and most important of all FAITH
That I would first and foremost trust in God, so easy to worry about paper that will mean nothing in eternity. I need Jesus more than money so pray for my sanctification first. Then Pray that I would be able to find work to pay off school bills having some car trouble so pray that it all works out according to His will